Top 5 -yesterday
- Nigeria: Wells Hosa Greenhouse will partner with government, private sector
- Divisional patent for Irrigation by Condensation (IBC) technology in India
- ”Fresh Business Expo proven to be effective platform for Ukraine's fresh produce industry”
- US (WY): Tomato grower pleads guilty to growing marijuana
- Gotham Greens
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
"Wild tomatoes can help in making commercial varieties disease-free"
Now a group of Indian scientists has found a way to develop tomatoes resistant to the most common disease – early blight (EB). They have identified biochemical and molecular mechanisms in wild tomato that makes them resistant to early blight. This knowledge can be used to improve commercial varieties and develop tomato cultivars resistant to EB in future.
The study has been published in journal Plant Molecular Biology recently by scientists from the National Chemical Laboratory, Savitribai Phule Pune University and Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel.
Read more at The Hindu Business Line (Vaishali Lavekar)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/18/2018 How plants harness microbes to get nutrients
- 09/14/2018 Roadmap for collaboration on biocontrol solutions
- 09/13/2018 Resilient strawberry plants without mildew first step in growing cycle
- 09/13/2018 "More sustainable crops just a spray away"
- 09/10/2018 Kenya: VAT on agrochemicals puts growers on edge
- 09/07/2018 Greenhouse growers, are you ready for thrips?
- 09/07/2018 Drones against red spider mites
- 09/05/2018 Rufus Isaacs receives award for excellence in integrated pest management
- 09/05/2018 UK researchers make important finding in plant disease resistance
- 09/05/2018 University of Florida reasearchers hopes to fight prevalent tomato Disease
- 09/04/2018 Zimbabwe: Farmers warned over Tuta Absoluta
- 08/30/2018 Next-generation biocontrol of glasshouse pests
- 08/29/2018 Lettuce Fusarium wilt confirmed at new sites in the UK
- 08/29/2018 Controlling basil downy mildew might be as simple as turning on a light
- 08/28/2018 Crop protection with fewer chemicals
- 08/27/2018 Spain: Bottle gourd, a trap for the whiteflies that damage tomato crops
- 08/27/2018 Influence of TLCV on morphological and biochemical traits in tomato
- 08/27/2018 French tomato grower takes on Monsanto over weedkiller
- 08/24/2018 US: Partnership to bring growers biologically-based IPM
- 08/23/2018 "We may soon have New Delhi-resistant courgette plants"