Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
CAN (NB): Agriculture in the Classroom program launches in schoolsMore New Brunswick students are digging into agriculture this year thanks to the launch of the new Agriculture in the Classroom program.
The program will support teachers with educational resources and provide hands-on learning experiences to students. The program is designed to connect more students with agriculture and nurture an appreciation for the nutritious food grown in the province.
The initiative is being delivered by the Agricultural Alliance of New Brunswick. The Agriculture in the Classroom project will benefit from $60,000 in funding from the New Brunswick Food and Beverage Strategy. It will also receive $19,900 from the Growing Forward 2 program that is cost-shared on a 60-40 basis between the federal and provincial governments respectively.
The New Brunswick initiative is closely affiliated with the national, not-for-profit organization Agriculture in the Classroom – Canada (AITC-C). Agriculture in the Classroom – Canada has been delivering resources on the agriculture and food production industry since February, 2015.
Educators interested in delivering the program in their schools and producers and agrologists interested in sharing their passion for agriculture are encouraged to contact the program coordinator, Carolyn Wilson, at email@example.com, 506- 524-2176, or Josée Albert, Chief Executive Officer the Agricultural Alliance of New Brunswick at firstname.lastname@example.org, 506-452-8101, or visit the Agriculture Alliance of New Brunswick website.
Publication date: 11/9/2017
Other news in this sector: