Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (PA): Elementary school expands aquaponics programLarry Sutton’s classroom at Frazier Elementary School is full of plants, aquatic life and reptiles — perhaps a little too full.
The third-grade science teacher annually leads lessons on water-based plant-growing techniques — hydroponics and aquaponics — that require a lot of space and a lot of attention. The school is using a grant to give Sutton and his students additional space to care for the various plants and animals.
Under construction in back of the schools is a 10x12-foot greenhouse expected to be completed before the holiday break that will house Sutton’s hydroponic and aquaponic setups. A second greenhouse will be built beside it with an anticipated spring opening.
A $5,000 grant from Chevron Corp. through the Intermediate Unit has made the expansion possible, said Sutton.
One greenhouse will house a pond stocked with coy. Above the pond will sit a floating plant bed and flow system. The other greenhouse will be used as a workshop. The greenhouses will be solar-powered and heated by propane, Sutton said.
Read more at the Herald-Standard (Eric Morris)
Publication date: 11/6/2017
Other news in this sector: