Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (PA): Elementary school expands aquaponics programLarry Sutton’s classroom at Frazier Elementary School is full of plants, aquatic life and reptiles — perhaps a little too full.
The third-grade science teacher annually leads lessons on water-based plant-growing techniques — hydroponics and aquaponics — that require a lot of space and a lot of attention. The school is using a grant to give Sutton and his students additional space to care for the various plants and animals.
Under construction in back of the schools is a 10x12-foot greenhouse expected to be completed before the holiday break that will house Sutton’s hydroponic and aquaponic setups. A second greenhouse will be built beside it with an anticipated spring opening.
A $5,000 grant from Chevron Corp. through the Intermediate Unit has made the expansion possible, said Sutton.
One greenhouse will house a pond stocked with coy. Above the pond will sit a floating plant bed and flow system. The other greenhouse will be used as a workshop. The greenhouses will be solar-powered and heated by propane, Sutton said.
Read more at the Herald-Standard (Eric Morris)
Publication date: 11/6/2017
Other news in this sector: