- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Organisers of HortEx Vietnam concluded 3 kick off meetings for coming 2019 edition
- Turkey: Decline in agricultural production areas in Kutahya
- US (IA): Short course on production and management of high tunnel crops
- Corn and tomato crops flattened by Hurricane Michael
- “South African farmers need security of land and assets”
Magenta greenhouse glass generates electricity, doesn't bug plants
The greenhouses utilize what's known as Wavelength-Selective Photovoltaic Systems (WSPVs). This technology reportedly "generates electricity more efficiently and at less cost than traditional photovoltaic systems."
Embedded in the roof panel glass is a bright magenta luminescent dye. It absorbs blue and green wavelengths of light, and transfers its energy to narrow photovoltaic strips. It is these strips which produce the electricity. That electricity can be used to power things in the greenhouse such as fans, heaters and watering systems – this could allow the greenhouses to run off-grid, and not rely on fossil fuels.
Read more at New Atlas (Ben Coxworth)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/19/2018 "Check whether no invisible dirt is left behind after disinfection"
- 10/19/2018 US: Plantible Foods completes extractions technology raise
- 10/19/2018 Russia: Eco-culture comments on massive expansion
- 10/18/2018 Lift cart collects data while crop work is done
- 10/18/2018 Russia: 10 ha strawberry greenhouse planned in Elektrostal
- 10/18/2018 Moscow region reaches 100% self-sufficiency with tomatoes and cucumbers
- 10/18/2018 Turkey: Increase in greenhouse banana production in Antalya
- 10/18/2018 "Professional production facilities like greenhouses are a must to be able to export"
- 10/18/2018 US (OH): Great Lakes Growers doubles production capacity to 160,000 sq.ft.
- 10/17/2018 China to build Dutch-inspired high-tech agriculture park
- 10/17/2018 Japan: Education center expands with 1 ha tomato production greenhouse
- 10/16/2018 Russia: 2 ha greenhouse opened in Dagestan
- 10/16/2018 US (CA): Leichtag Foundation gets six gutter-connected greenhouses
- 10/16/2018 Winterproofing the greenhouse
- 10/16/2018 US: California invests $1.5 million in seasonal high tunnels
- 10/16/2018 US: Incentives aid greenhouses and nurseries in implementing energy efficiency practices
- 10/15/2018 Turkey: Decline in agricultural production areas in Kutahya
- 10/15/2018 How to keep greenhouse conditions optimal for plant growth
- 10/15/2018 Japanese pitch "biggest greenhouse in the world"
- 10/12/2018 Russia: Nobody interested in Altai greenhouse complex