Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
France: Funding available to modernize greenhouse sectorTomato greenhouses are the main beneficiaries of the €3.5 million aid for modernisation granted by FranceAgrimer. 83 applications were filed as part of the call for projects to “modernise greenhouses in the vegetable and horticultural sector” that was launched at the start of 2017. 24 applications were selected in the vegetable sector and granted almost €6.8 million overall. The projects include tomatoes (12), cucumbers (4), strawberries (3), salad (2) and various vegetables (3).
FranceAgriMer explains that the projects mainly concern semi-closed greenhouses or ones with a dehumidifying system and thermal screens or other equipment such as double heating tubes, CO2 systems, disinfection via UV or bio-filters, misting etc.
Efficiency of the greenhouses has increased, be it very slightly. Yield has increased to 10kg/m2 in 5 years with 6kWh consumed per kilo of vine tomatoes. Cogeneration was a crucial factor in improving business competitiveness but now has an uncertain future which could lead professionals to other sources of renewable energy.
Publication date: 11/10/2017
Other news in this sector: