Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- UK: Summer’s drought spurs on efforts to reduce peat use
- Smart cameras predict future development of cuttings
- US: ASTA requests exemptions for seeds on proposed Chinese tariffs list
- Hawthorne Hydroponics recalls humidifiers due to fire and shock hazards
- European Parliament looking to improve access to medical cannabis
CAN (ON): MMJ growers say Hamilton air is too polluted for their crop
Hamilton city councillors want medical marijuana producers to locate their operations on old industrial brownfields instead of farmland and are pondering whether to limit how much marijuana is grown in greenbelt land.
On Tuesday, Beleave and Green Organic Dutchman said that would be "catastrophic" since the air would pollute the product.
If the crop gets even a little polluted, the company has to destroy it, said Ian Wilms, vice chair of Ancaster's Green Organic Dutchman. This is according to the company's Health Canada license.
"We are growing a very sophisticated plant for medicine here," he told city council's planning committee. "Any contaminants or pollutants could cause devastating crop failure, and we could not give this to our patients whatsoever."
"That's why everyone is going out to the rural area, where obviously the air is much fresher."
Read more at CBC News (Samantha Craggs)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/18/2018 US (CA): Turnkey automated cultivation systems for the cannabis industry
- 09/18/2018 CAN (ON): Aleafia’s 160,000 sq. ft. greenhouse retrofitting on schedule
- 09/17/2018 Cannabis Research Center opens in Switzerland
- 09/17/2018 US (OK): Former tomato greenhouse ready for organic MMJ
- 09/17/2018 MMJ replaces soybeans as Ontario's new cash crop
- 09/14/2018 CAN (ON): MJ grower buys garden centre in $6.7M deal
- 09/14/2018 European Parliament looking to improve access to medical cannabis
- 09/11/2018 CAN: Construction update: Weedon, Quebec Greenhouse Project
- 09/11/2018 CAN (BC): Pure Sunfarms to expand cannabis acreage to 550,000 sq.ft.
- 09/10/2018 US (NV): CROP completes purchase of Nye County farm
- 09/10/2018 US: Ohio misses Sept. 8 deadline for medical marijuana program
- 09/07/2018 Delphy gets into cannabis cultivation
- 09/06/2018 CAN (BC): Medicinal greenhouse proposal for Logan Lake
- 09/05/2018 Big-name investors experiment with marijuana stocks
- 09/04/2018 NZ: First company receives medical cannabis license
- 08/31/2018 CAN (ON): Controversial greenhouse now for mums, not pot
- 08/30/2018 US, Mexico discuss cannabis legalization
- 08/29/2018 US (WA): 35,000 sq.ft. MMJ facility commences commercial production
- 08/28/2018 Lebanese cannabis farmers hope legalisation may bring amnesty
- 08/28/2018 "Cooling roots provides 25% vegetative growth increase in cannabis"