Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Bangladesh: Summer King tomato farming gets popularCultivation of Summer King tomato, a variety of tomato that can be grown in the summer, has become very popular in Benapole, Bangladesh.
Farmers said a sapling bears fruit within two months of planting, and one plant can yield tomatoes for five years.
They said the local variety tomato gets spoiled quickly after ripening and is wasted, but the Summer King variety takes longer to get spoiled so there is less waste, as a result, farmers and traders suffer less loss.
Ismail Hossain, a tomato trader of Sharsha said this variety of tomato used to be imported from India, but it was not always available. Now the tomatoes are always available in the market as it is being grown in Bangladesh, he said, adding that the demand is also good.
Read more at The Daily Star (Mohsin Milon)
Publication date: 11/9/2017
Other news in this sector: