- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
- Highly Experienced Agribusiness Professional now Available
- International Business student looking for an internship
- Responsable des cultures en pleine terre pour le nord de la France - Northern France
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Driscoll's responds to 'slave-labor' claims at their Mexico operations
- USDA awards funding for light and plant health research
- US: Cresco Labs raises $100 million to continue strategic acquisition and growth plans
- UK: Organic sector calls for much clearer contingency measures as Brexit looms
- From sector initiative to a strong brand name for the seed industry
From greenhouse to gorgeous
Abundant Produce launches skincare brand
Driving a collaboration between two of Australia’s senior research universities, Abundant Natural Health works with The University of Sydney’s Plant Breeding Institute where they naturally purpose-breed and test plants to ensure high levels of active botanical ingredients, and UNSW laboratories, where they extract the phytonutrients using innovative techniques and without the use of conventional industrial solvents. This innovation preserves delicate organic structures and produces the purest possible and most potent natural extracts.
It was this research which led to Abundant identifying elevated concentrations of lycopene - a powerful antioxidant which is proven to improve the firmness and texture of human skin - in their tomatoes.
“Abundant skincare harnesses the power of nature and science in a way that’s never been seen before to produce scientifically proven, pure, active botanicals that deliver immediate results”, said CEO Shanan Birkin.
“You won’t find anything on the Australian market with the potency and purity of these ingredients”, she added.
The bioactive lycopene is the hero ingredient of Tomato Infusion Daily Face Cream, the first product in Abundant’s Lycopene Face Range.
“We’re proudly 100% Australian grown, owned and made, so we can vouch for the quality, purity and processes that produce these game changing products. We love that we’re also supporting local industry and communities in every stage of the lifecycle of our products. We want to be the number one in natural skincare and the ethical brand of choice. We're taking ingredients from our greenhouse”, Birkin finished.
Additional products in the Abundant line will follow later this year with further product launches on the horizon in 2018, leveraging equally innovative, active and impactful natural ingredients.
For more information:
Suite 8, 6th Floor,
55 Miller Street,
Pyrmont, NSW 2009,
Phone: +61 2 9571 8300
Fax: +61 2 9571 8200
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/12/2018 De Ruiter Experience Center welcomes 2018th visitor of 2018
- 10/12/2018 Support crop conservation... while playing board games
- 10/11/2018 CAN (ON): Testing, Testing, TOV
- 10/10/2018 "Responsible work in a great team"
- 10/09/2018 Research seeks more productive tomato for southeast Turkey
- 10/09/2018 The Gemini basil: an alternative from Sais
- 10/05/2018 Closer planting, a crispy bite and trio cultivation in lettuce
- 10/05/2018 Knox and Knox Core Product of the Year at Polish Fresh Market
- 10/05/2018 ‘Turbocharging’ photosynthesis increases plant biomass
- 10/05/2018 "Mendel was actually looking for innovative crops"
- 10/04/2018 "Only seeds that have commercial value remain"
- 10/04/2018 Siberian scientists are breeding a new black tomato
- 10/04/2018 "Small steps forward: particularly large vegetables offer opportunities"
- 10/03/2018 US: An introduction to Rutgers downy mildew resistant sweet basils
- 10/03/2018 "Super-tomato shows what plant scientists can do"
- 10/02/2018 CRISPR could bring groundcherries to market
- 10/01/2018 ASTA welcomes new Sr. Director, International Programs & Policy
- 09/28/2018 The Netherlands: new blue, or rather, green zone?
- 09/26/2018 How do plant cells know in which direction to divide?
- 09/21/2018 Newly discovered enzyme is 'firing pin' for plant immunity