Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (AZ): Phoenix-based entrepreneur promotes aeroponicsTroy Albright, a Phoenix based pharmacist and farming entrepreneur spoke to students at ASU’s Polytechnic campus on Oct. 25 about the potential of aeroponics.
Albright was invited as part of the Science and Mathematics Colloquium Series, a series designed to expose students to the work of researchers and practitioners in various fields.
Albright and his wife, Lisa, established True Garden in 2013. True Garden is a solar powered aeroponic greenhouse capable of producing cool-season crops year round.
At the heart of True Garden’s operation are tower gardens produced by Future Growing.
True Garden was designed in partnership with Future Growing to preserve land and water. Albright said the technology is ideal for urban environments and wanted to prove it’s applicable in Arizona’s climate.
“What I grow in my greenhouse would take one to two acres," Albright said. "It’s like 1/25 of an acre. Every time you go vertical you can grow a lot more. We use 90 percent less land and water than when growing in soil.”
Albright said water is a particularly precious resource in places like Arizona because of its scarcity. He also said the soil in Arizona makes it difficult to grow crops, and aeroponics is a solution for both of those issues.
Read more at The State Press (Jose Ivan Cazares)
Publication date: 11/8/2017
Other news in this sector: