- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
Top 5 -yesterday
- Canada rolls out the green carpet
- North Carolina indoor city farm nears completion of Phase 1
- Spain: Nazca private equity becomes majority shareholder of aromatic herbs company
- US (OH): Hydroponic program gets boost from police department
- 'Germany dominating cucumber market, more so than The Netherlands'
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
What's in a name?
US (CA): Massive marijuana greenhouse under construction in Yolo County
Smart Cannabis made the announcement, saying once the project is complete, it will be one of the largest legally-permitted sites in the state.
Under the current ordinance, country leaders look at a couple of things before granting anyone permits including where the location of the business is and if the owner is a good neighbor.
“In Yolo County, we have a history of having people who really have a long-term view of the use of their property either agriculture or crops. Farmers are very good environmentalists in my opinion. However, if you’re going to inconvenience thousands of people around you or at least 1,000 people directly to your north, for your one time short-term gain of growing one marijuana crop, you’re not the type of person we want to do business with,” said Matt Rexroad, Yolo County supervisor.
By the beginning of the year, owners of Smart Cannabis will have a facility capable of outputting hundreds of pounds of marijuana every week, and if growers like them want to continue doing business in the county, leaders say they have to practice being good neighbors and work to fix the odor problem.
Read more at CBS Sacramento (Carlos Correa)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/18/2018 Flower One acquires Nevada cannabis cultivator and producer
- 10/18/2018 "The Star Group not getting lost in the weed(s)"
- 10/18/2018 Former Prime Minister of Canada joins cannabis company
- 10/17/2018 Canada rolls out the green carpet
- 10/16/2018 St. Vincent hops on the MMJ bandwagon
- 10/16/2018 CAN (ON): How cannabis is transforming the Tomato Capital of Canada
- 10/15/2018 CAN (ON): Aphria destroys batch of marijuana due to lack of qualified workers
- 10/12/2018 CAN (BC): Flowr and Scotts’ Hawthorne break ground on cannabis R&D facility
- 10/12/2018 UK Government legalizes medicinal cannabis
- 10/12/2018 MedMen to acquire PharmaCann for US$682 million
- 10/11/2018 Canopy Growth completes first legal MMJ export from Canada to US
- 10/11/2018 US (MA): AmeriCann releases designs for 345,000 sq.ft. MJ facility
- 10/08/2018 US: Cresco Labs raises $100 million to continue strategic acquisition and growth plans
- 10/08/2018 ICC breaks ground on Colombian Cannabis Centre of Excellence
- 10/05/2018 CAN (BC): Bevo Agro taken over by cannabis grower, changes name to Zenabis
- 10/05/2018 Hemp cultivation reaches new highs... in space
- 10/04/2018 US (CO): Some growers want specific organic cannabis designation
- 10/03/2018 Canada: Hawthorne's cannabis partner Flowr goes public
- 10/03/2018 "CO2 foliar spray leads to 74% increased commercial cannabis bud value"
- 10/02/2018 Canadian cannabis grower leases 87,120 sq.ft. greenhouse in Italy