Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
What's in a name?
US (CA): Massive marijuana greenhouse under construction in Yolo CountyConstruction is taking place on a new, massive, legally-permitted greenhouse at a cannabis cultivation site in Northern California.
Smart Cannabis made the announcement, saying once the project is complete, it will be one of the largest legally-permitted sites in the state.
Under the current ordinance, country leaders look at a couple of things before granting anyone permits including where the location of the business is and if the owner is a good neighbor.
“In Yolo County, we have a history of having people who really have a long-term view of the use of their property either agriculture or crops. Farmers are very good environmentalists in my opinion. However, if you’re going to inconvenience thousands of people around you or at least 1,000 people directly to your north, for your one time short-term gain of growing one marijuana crop, you’re not the type of person we want to do business with,” said Matt Rexroad, Yolo County supervisor.
By the beginning of the year, owners of Smart Cannabis will have a facility capable of outputting hundreds of pounds of marijuana every week, and if growers like them want to continue doing business in the county, leaders say they have to practice being good neighbors and work to fix the odor problem.
Read more at CBS Sacramento (Carlos Correa)
Publication date: 10/30/2017
Other news in this sector: