Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
CAN (ON): Rob Geertsema still hopes to expand in Dawn-EuphemiaThe owner of Greenhill Produce still hopes to build a 100-acre greenhouse development in Dawn-Euphemia Township, but the property has been put up for sale as a precaution.
“We did put the farm for sale… but that’s just in case nothing happens,” Rob Geertsema said Thursday.
Greenhill, which already operates a greenhouse complex south of Kent Bridge in Chatham-Kent, had hoped to break ground at their Dawn-Euphemia site this past summer, but issues regarding water access have become a major challenge.
The township council had asked for an increase in water volume from 300 cubic metres per day to 1,300 cubic metres to accommodate Greenhill’s requirements.
Dawn-Euphemia draws its water through Enniskillen Township via Petrolia. The request for more water required extensive testing to ensure the system could handle the increase.
Greenhill Produce had presented a site plan in early August, and Geertsema said it was from there the company began experiencing delays. In the last six weeks, he said he was told Dawn-Euphemia could not supply water under current conditions.
“We’ve been waiting for answers and didn’t get any… so that’s why we’ve put it up for sale… it’s just business,” he said.
Read more at Chatham Daily News (Melissa Schilz)
Publication date: 10/27/2017
Other news in this sector: