Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
- Product manager for growing media - Finland or Estonia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- US (AZ): The future of farming takes root
- Retractable roof helps AU greenhouse function with extremely low energy costs
- US: Regulatory barriers to developing innovative agricultural biotechnology
- Over 9 million views for this hydroponic lettuce video
- Ultra-thin MA film seeks to revolutionize packaging
Exchange ratesmore »
D’Arrigo California spreads the word for Breast Cancer Awareness Month
October 1st marks the beginning of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. This month is a worldwide health effort organized by major breast cancer charities every October to increase awareness of the disease and to generate funds for research into its cause, prevention, diagnosis, treatment and cure. The campaign also offers information and support to those affected by breast cancer.
Breast cancer does not discriminate against age, gender or race and is the most common cancer in women worldwide.
"D’Arrigo California has had many employees, customers and consumers affected by breast cancer. This has inspired us to do our part in raising funds for research to help find a cure and end the hospital visits, suffering and loss of loved ones to this devastating disease," said Myra Biblowit, BCRF President and CEO of D’Arrigo California.
In 1999, D’Arrigo California partnered with The Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF) to help advance the most promising breast cancer research worldwide. Since then, D’Arrigo California has donated between $75,000-$100,000 annually to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation, enabling scientific breakthroughs that are saving, improving and extending lives every day. A pink ribbon adorns all of D’Arrigo California’s Andy Boy labels, bags and boxes.
“We are so proud of our partnership with D’Arrigo California and their Andy Boy brand,” said Myra Biblowit, BCRF President and CEO. “To date, their efforts have raised over $1.7 million for BCRF, funding more than 34,000 hours of breast cancer research. By partnering with the highest-rated breast cancer organization in the country, D’Arrigo is making a significant and tangible impact, and bringing us closer to a cure. We are tremendously grateful to D’Arrigo California for their incredible commitment to this cause.”
In addition to their current efforts, D’Arrigo California has added three new signs to our headquarters in Salinas, CA to enlighten passersby on October’s connection to Breast Cancer Awareness. These are just a few ways in which the company is increasing education and awareness for breast cancer. It is D’Arrigo California’s shared goal be a part of the solution to achieve prevention and a cure for breast cancer, in our lifetime.
For more information:
Tel: +1 831 455 4500
Publication date: 10/30/2017
Other news in this sector: