Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"New construction calls for a tight planning schedule"The innovations of Holland Scherming are quite profitable for the company. Peter Rense, Holland Scherming: "We are very busy at the moment. Both the number of customers and the average order size are increasing. We see that our technical solutions are being appreciated." Especially the more recent developments like the Smart Spring suspension system and our Triple S (Smart Skate System) are attracting a lot of interest.
More light in the greenhouse
By using Smart Spring, the screen packet is pulled closed more tightly. Ultimately that comes down to 2 cm difference. That does not seem a lot, but if you multiply this with the number of running meters girder, it often works out to be 40 square meters less shade per hectare of greenhouse.
Triple S Smart Skate System
Speed of installation
Installers always have a tight planning schedule for a new building or for renovation works. Understandable. The date for planting is planned. Once one party is ready, the following one can begin. Sometimes more parties can work at the same time. Thanks to the Triple S Smart Skate System from Holland Screening, the screens can be installed rapidly. At the edges of the screen cloth a tendon is sewn, which is pulled into a plastic profile. Because of this tendon, the screen cloth can be pulled into the greenhouse quickly. Pascal den Heijer: "This system can be used for all fabrics. So this solution is independent of the supplier."
At the Holland Scherming building in Maasdijk there is more than sufficient stock. Peter: "We want to be able to react quickly. We want to tackle big as well as small, intensive projects. In our industry, the planning time is normally limited, it pays when you have stock.”
Sadly, every year we also see that a number of our customers are faced with damage. Stock is also then important to enable us to help them with urgent repair works.
In addition, we work together with a lot of greenhouse builders on large international projects, so space and stock are indispensable."
For more information:
Holland Scherming B.V.
2676 LS Maasdijk
Telefoon +31 174 516180
Pascal den Heijer
Publication date: 11/8/2017
Other news in this sector: