Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
- Product manager for growing media - Finland or Estonia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- US (AZ): The future of farming takes root
- Retractable roof helps AU greenhouse function with extremely low energy costs
- US: Regulatory barriers to developing innovative agricultural biotechnology
- Over 9 million views for this hydroponic lettuce video
- Ultra-thin MA film seeks to revolutionize packaging
Exchange ratesmore »
Robinson Fresh releases new line of baby vegetables
A full line of baby vegetables is now available from Robinson Fresh under the Green Giant Fresh label. The product line includes baby squash, cucumbers, peppers and tomatoes, and is marketed towards conscious consumers looking for healthy snacking or easy meal preparation.
“There is rising consumer demand for healthier snack foods, smaller portions and, ultimately, less food waste. This line of baby vegetables helps meet that demand,” said Michael Castagnetto, vice president of global sourcing at Robinson Fresh.
“With our Green Giant Fresh baby vegetable line, we have an opportunity to work with retailers to give consumers what they want and help shape the marketplace toward an innovative and consumer-driven landscape.”
There is an increasing number of single-person households, and more meals are being prepared at home. The USDA Healthy U.S.-Style Pattern recommends at least a cup of vegetables every day per person. However, studies have found that too many vegetables purchased at one time can lead to food waste. The new line of fresh produce items are available in 8 ounce bags with a handle on top for easy grab-and-go access without the excess.
For more information:
Liz Erickson Monson
Tel: +1 320 444 2733
Publication date: 10/30/2017
Other news in this sector: