Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"HPS and LED top lighting best tomato recipe in winter"The tomato lighting research at PSKW has been completed mid-June, in the meanwhile the results have been published by PSKW. Oreon has been working closely together with the PSKW researchers in the last two years. The test will now continue in another capacity.
Research like Oreon did with PSKW is very important for the development of their product portfolio, because it could change certain accents. The main question for them in this study was, whether a combination of HPS top lighting, combined with LED interlighting leads to a higher production, compared to the combination of HPS top lighting combined with LED top lighting in winter.
Previous studies, as well as situations in the field, still do not deliver any evidence that there is more effectiveness of interlighting, while costs are considerably higher. The answer to that question is now crystal clear: HPS top lighting, combined with LED top lighting scores significantly better in winter compared to HPS top lighting, combined with LED interlighting. Only after May this image seems to change. The entire research is published in ‘Proeftuin Nieuws #15’.
For more information:
3401 MX IJsselstein
T: +31 30 760 0660
Publication date: 11/1/2017
Other news in this sector: