Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Pakistan: Punjab government begins to provide high tunnel subsidiesThe Punjab government has started a programme to provide fifty percent subsidy for the installation of tunnels on three thousand acres of land under the Khadim-e-Kisan package.
A spokesman of the Agriculture department said the yield of vegetables including cucumber, capsicum, bitter gourd and others can be promoted through tunnel farming.
He said the Punjab government was providing a subsidy of Rs 225,000/acre [2135 USD], which was 50 percent of total expenditures on installation of tunnels. Similarly, the government was also facilitating farmers in provision of drip irrigation and solar systems, he added. He said that the adoption of modern agri techniques was essential to meeting the growing needs of vegetables, and tunnel farming not only gives handsome returns to farmers but also ensures supply of vegetables throughout the year.
Source: Radio Pakistan / Pakistan Point
Publication date: 10/20/2017
Other news in this sector: