Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
3.75 acre greenhouse for sale or lease in Taylorville
US: Looking for a greenhouse opportunity in Illinois?A 3.75 acre greenhouse in Taylorville is being offered for sale or lease. It is centrally located in Illinois, has been used for growing flowers, herbs and vegetables, and has access to Chicago, Indianapolis, St. Louis and Springfield markets. It was built in 2007 and fully upgraded in 2012 and 2017. There are also possibilities to expand as the plot encompasses 16.9 acres in total. It is ready for immediately occupancy.
Rock Solid Aerial – Looking South
One of largest greenhouses in Illinois
The greenhouse is said to be one of the largest in Illinois. It consists of 18 bays (10 Venlo glass and 8 poly) and encompasses 3.75 acres (163K sq. ft.). The greenhouse is heated by low cost waste heat from adjacent Waste Management Corp. facility and equipped with several techniques like; Argus irrigation and fertilizing system, lightning in two bays, conveyor belt from bays to head house and thermostat controlled venting on sides and ceiling. Next to the greenhouse, there also is a 20,000 sq. ft head house/packing/chiller room on the land, a diesel backup generator and two loading docks.
Close to major markets
The plots is centrally located in Illinois and has access to some major markets. Springfield, for example is a 40 minute drive, Chicago a 4 hour drive and St. Louis a 1.2 hour.
The greenhouse is ready for immediately occupancy and can be operational quickly as the greenhouse is up to date and has a complete infrastructure.
Click here (PDF) for the sale presentation in which more details and the advantages of this plot, greenhouse and facilities are presented.
For more information
T: +1 615-439-5828
Publication date: 10/20/2017
Other news in this sector: