Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spanish team keen to expand greenhouse project in QatarA team of Spanish agriculture experts will visit Doha in the next two weeks to explore the possibility of expanding a successful pilot greenhouse project launched in Qatar in 2011 so as to make it profitable, Spanish Ambassador Ignacio Escobar has said.
The same team had been involved in developing the pilot with Hassad Food and a Spanish joint venture, in a concept applicable to Qatar’s searing temperatures, the envoy told Gulf Times.
“This Spanish joint venture is ready to start working to produce very profitable greenhouses,” he noted. “Not only have they tested this system but also improved it since 2011.”
The team will be coming to Doha for a matchmaking event aimed at helping the country attain self-sufficiency and to further enhance the two countries’ bilateral relations in the field of agriculture.
Escobar said the Spanish experts will also present to Qatari authorities the advanced agri technologies they are using, particularly greenhouses, as compared to competitors from other countries.
Read more at the Gulf Times (Joey Aguilar)
Publication date: 10/25/2017
Other news in this sector: