- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
From CEA to IPA:
Rough introduces the HopsHouse: a single-solution hydroponic hops greenhouses
Hops are a relative to cannabis and grow similarly to hydroponic tomato vines. RBI has worked in both industries for a number of years. A team of crop scientists, engineers, growers and beer enthusiasts from RBI took what they know about the two plants and successfully designed a controlled environment that allowed hops to grow and flower after 3 months. The team grew 5 different hops rhizome varieties, and tested different nutrient and lighting combinations to ensure the best rate of growth.
The HopsHouse is offered in two different sizes: 30’ x 60’, starting at $119,495 and 30’ x 180’ starting at $149,495. Pricing includes necessary systems and equipment. Options to customize are available.
“The craft beer industry is growing. We saw an opportunity and we are running with it,” said Tom Vezdos, RBI Vice President and Divisional Manager of Commercial Greenhouses. “The introduction of HopsHouse allows breweries and growers to be more independent. No longer will breweries and growers be at the mercy of big beer conglomerates or inclement weather.”
The overall beer market is a $107.6 billion industry, according to the Brewers Association for National Beer Stats, with small and craft breweries contributing $67.8 billion to the US economy. With Anheuser-Bush’s acquisition of SAB Miller International, which includes SAB Hop Farms located in South Africa, craft breweries have seen their supply completely cut off. The introduction of HopsHouse will allow breweries and growers to be more independent. A study by Hops Growers of America reported that nearly 90 million pounds of hops were harvested in 2016.
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/19/2018 "Check whether no invisible dirt is left behind after disinfection"
- 10/19/2018 US: Plantible Foods completes extractions technology raise
- 10/19/2018 Russia: Eco-culture comments on massive expansion
- 10/18/2018 Lift cart collects data while crop work is done
- 10/18/2018 Russia: 10 ha strawberry greenhouse planned in Elektrostal
- 10/18/2018 Moscow region reaches 100% self-sufficiency with tomatoes and cucumbers
- 10/18/2018 Turkey: Increase in greenhouse banana production in Antalya
- 10/18/2018 "Professional production facilities like greenhouses are a must to be able to export"
- 10/18/2018 US (OH): Great Lakes Growers doubles production capacity to 160,000 sq.ft.
- 10/17/2018 China to build Dutch-inspired high-tech agriculture park
- 10/17/2018 Japan: Education center expands with 1 ha tomato production greenhouse
- 10/16/2018 Russia: 2 ha greenhouse opened in Dagestan
- 10/16/2018 US (CA): Leichtag Foundation gets six gutter-connected greenhouses
- 10/16/2018 Winterproofing the greenhouse
- 10/16/2018 US: California invests $1.5 million in seasonal high tunnels
- 10/16/2018 US: Incentives aid greenhouses and nurseries in implementing energy efficiency practices
- 10/15/2018 Turkey: Decline in agricultural production areas in Kutahya
- 10/15/2018 How to keep greenhouse conditions optimal for plant growth
- 10/15/2018 Japanese pitch "biggest greenhouse in the world"
- 10/12/2018 Russia: Nobody interested in Altai greenhouse complex