Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
- Product manager for growing media - Finland or Estonia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- US (AZ): The future of farming takes root
- Retractable roof helps AU greenhouse function with extremely low energy costs
- US: Regulatory barriers to developing innovative agricultural biotechnology
- Over 9 million views for this hydroponic lettuce video
- Ultra-thin MA film seeks to revolutionize packaging
Exchange ratesmore »
Monterosa tomatoes shipped from Almeria to the NetherlandsThe shipment of Monterosa specialty tomatoes from Almeria to the Netherlands has already started. The product will start to be marketed this week by the company Staay Food Group, which signed an agreement with Gavà Grup for its exclusive marketing in the Netherlands.
The ribbed Monterosa tomato, which has a traditional Mediterranean summer flavour, but is available in winter, and which has a very characteristic and attractive pink skin, will be available in the Dutch market until May.
"We started to market it about a month ago and now we have more consistent volumes totalling about 200,000 kg per week. This year we have staggered the production a lot, which will allow us to have a stable supply with no production peaks anytime throughout the campaign," explains Francesc Llonch, manager of Gavà Grup.
Staay Food Group has commercial offices in Papendrecht, with Staay-Hispa; in Alblasserdam, with Staay Export; and in Venrijseweg, with Staay Van Rijn.
For more information:
T: +31 180679142
T: +34 935561250
M: +34 609744420
Publication date: 10/16/2017
Other news in this sector: