- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
US (VA): 865,000 dollar investment for new aquaponics facility in Loudoun County
The company will build a closed-loop nutrient cycle aquaponics facility which will produce certified organic baby lettuces and arugula using water and nutrients derived from fish waste. The company will produce over $7 million of Virginia-grown lettuces over the next three years, which it will then sell to customers and restaurants in the Washington D.C. metro area.
“The success of Virginia’s agriculture industry is a testament to the diversity and quality of our products, as well as our outstanding reputation in the global economy,” said Governor McAuliffe. “I thank Kappa Farm for their investment in Loudoun County and look forward to seeing them successfully enter a new and growing marketplace for organic produce. We will continue to support projects and products that diversify our agriculture industry, build the new Virginia economy and contribute to the Commonwealth’s reputation as the best place to do business around the world.”
Read more at the Augusta Free Press
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/19/2018 LEDs revolutionise the horticulture industry
- 09/18/2018 CAN (QC): 2,000 square feet of gardens to be added to school
- 09/18/2018 Brexit food security: An opportunity for vertical farming?
- 09/18/2018 US: Groups ask Congress to support urban/innovative farms
- 09/17/2018 Building the sustainable cities of the future
- 09/17/2018 US (GA): Hydroponic lettuce on the school lunch line
- 09/17/2018 Gotham Greens
- 09/14/2018 A farm on a shelf
- 09/13/2018 CAN (SK): Opportunities grow for Creighton container garden
- 09/13/2018 Container farm producer now also supplies farmers
- 09/12/2018 "Vertical farming sounds fantastic until you consider its energy use"
- 09/11/2018 US (GA): $5 million to help reduce energy costs of indoor farming
- 09/11/2018 Growing crops with roots in the mist
- 09/11/2018 US (GA): Campus dining uses produce grown in its greenhouse
- 09/10/2018 Malaysia: City dwellers grow veggies at home without soil
- 09/06/2018 How the right sales channel can make or break your vertical farm
- 09/06/2018 Is urban farming economically feasible or is it a recipe for a financial failure?
- 09/05/2018 "New responses to the way we grow food are a must to respond to the challenges of the future."
- 09/05/2018 US (PA): Plans advancing for greenhouse in former garage
- 09/04/2018 "We want to supply Amsterdam with locally grown food"