Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (VA): 865,000 dollar investment for new aquaponics facility in Loudoun CountyKappa Farms will create 21 new jobs and invest $865,000 to open an aquaponics operation in Loudoun County.
The company will build a closed-loop nutrient cycle aquaponics facility which will produce certified organic baby lettuces and arugula using water and nutrients derived from fish waste. The company will produce over $7 million of Virginia-grown lettuces over the next three years, which it will then sell to customers and restaurants in the Washington D.C. metro area.
“The success of Virginia’s agriculture industry is a testament to the diversity and quality of our products, as well as our outstanding reputation in the global economy,” said Governor McAuliffe. “I thank Kappa Farm for their investment in Loudoun County and look forward to seeing them successfully enter a new and growing marketplace for organic produce. We will continue to support projects and products that diversify our agriculture industry, build the new Virginia economy and contribute to the Commonwealth’s reputation as the best place to do business around the world.”
Read more at the Augusta Free Press
Publication date: 11/21/2017
Other news in this sector: