- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
- Highly Experienced Agribusiness Professional now Available
- International Business student looking for an internship
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Indian farmers thrive with new sweet pepper varieties
“The demand for high quality sweet peppers continues to rise, especially for the green ones”, Product Development Manager Ravindra Savant of Rijk Zwaan India explains. “The consumers are appreciating the better taste of our varieties and growers value the quality and high yield.” Over the past few years, Savant has been guiding protected cultivation net house and poly house growers in the Central West Region of India in order to improve their yield. One of these growers is Vishnu Save, one of the country’s biggest pepper growers.
Vishnu Save produces for Indian markets such as Mumbai, Delhi and Bangalore. The lacking infrastructure and logistic chain is a great challenge in this. "It takes 36 hours for our sweet peppers to arrive in Delhi and Bangalore”, Vishnu Save explains. “It's therefore very important that we harvest high quality crops. We're growing Massilia RZ from Rijk Zwaan for several years now. This variety grows uniform crops and provides better quality and a high yield for longer duration. Furthermore, Massilia RZ has a very good shelf life, which is a crucial requirement for us.”
Personal after sales service
In order to help Vishnu Save improve the cultivation, Savant visits the farm regularly. "I come here every three weeks or so”, Savant tells. "We walk through the net houses together and discuss the situation and what needs to be done. By sharing best practices with the grower and his workers I try to educate them." To Vishnu Save these visits are very valuable: "This after sales service helps us improve our results. Partly thanks to this, we are able to expand our business."
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/09/2018 Canadian Greenhouse Conference '18: here's the recap
- 10/09/2018 "Importance of the propagation stage one of the biggest lessons learned"
- 10/01/2018 Niche event unites the seeds industry
- 10/01/2018 "Pyramid-shaped pots promotes excellent drainage"
- 09/28/2018 "Growers have expanded their crop protection products beyond standard chemical controls"
- 09/24/2018 Greenyard to sell horticultural division
- 09/24/2018 “A greenhouse so clean, you can perform a surgery in it”
- 09/20/2018 "Helping growers with innovative products is at the heart of the company"
- 09/17/2018 Bejo introduces new sustainable seed coating
- 09/12/2018 Turkey: Turkish tomato growers drop the use of American seeds
- 09/10/2018 Which film suits your tomato planting the best?
- 09/10/2018 When should I remove the coating?
- 09/06/2018 UK fruit and veg growers can employ up to 2,500 migrants per year
- 09/05/2018 Levy-funded project creates online greenhouse toolbox for veg growers
- 09/04/2018 "LEDs bring the harvest of strawberries forward"
- 09/03/2018 "Intelligent Sprayer: commercialization approved"
- 09/03/2018 Increasing lettuce coloration with LEDs
- 08/22/2018 Kenya: Retired chemist grows vegetable seedlings for money
- 08/20/2018 "Compostable twine holds up well in the stress of hot summers"
- 08/09/2018 France: Vilmorin-Mikado acquires Danish seed company Advanseed