- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
Top 5 -yesterday
- Australian dollar dropping to lowest levels in two years
- US (IA): Short course on production and management of high tunnel crops
- €172 million to promote EU agri-food products in and outside the EU
- Asian vegetable trial to determine market & production viability in Texas
- A royal afternoon for HortiDaily and FloralDaily
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
US (TX): Amarillo College breaks ground on $2M greenhouse, lab
The college’s biology department celebrated the start of construction on a new $2 million greenhouse and lab facility with an informal groundbreaking. The construction will be accompanied by a horticulture certificate and, later, four new degree pathways in the STEM fields.
The federally grant-funded project is centered around increasing participation in the number of Hispanic and other students from low-income backgrounds earning degrees in STEM fields.
The U.S. Department of Education funded the project last year with a $4.9 million Hispanic-Serving Institutions grant after deciding AC — with a student body that is about 40 percent Hispanic and made up mostly of first-generation college students — was a good fit.
The 12,400-square-foot greenhouse will have four bays, two instructional labs and state-of-the-art equipment — including root imaging systems and gene sequencing technology.
The facility will also have equipment for growing plants in soil-less hydroponic, aquaponic and aeroponic environments.
Read more at Amarillo Globe-News (Robert Stein)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/18/2018 Lift cart collects data while crop work is done
- 10/18/2018 Russia: 10 ha strawberry greenhouse planned in Elektrostal
- 10/18/2018 Moscow region reaches 100% self-sufficiency with tomatoes and cucumbers
- 10/18/2018 Turkey: Increase in greenhouse banana production in Antalya
- 10/18/2018 "Professional production facilities like greenhouses are a must to be able to export"
- 10/18/2018 US (OH): Great Lakes Growers doubles production capacity to 160,000 sq.ft.
- 10/17/2018 China to build Dutch-inspired high-tech agriculture park
- 10/17/2018 Japan: Education center expands with 1 ha tomato production greenhouse
- 10/16/2018 Russia: 2 ha greenhouse opened in Dagestan
- 10/16/2018 US (CA): Leichtag Foundation gets six gutter-connected greenhouses
- 10/16/2018 Winterproofing the greenhouse
- 10/16/2018 US: California invests $1.5 million in seasonal high tunnels
- 10/16/2018 US: Incentives aid greenhouses and nurseries in implementing energy efficiency practices
- 10/15/2018 Turkey: Decline in agricultural production areas in Kutahya
- 10/15/2018 How to keep greenhouse conditions optimal for plant growth
- 10/15/2018 Japanese pitch "biggest greenhouse in the world"
- 10/12/2018 Russia: Nobody interested in Altai greenhouse complex
- 10/12/2018 Can greenhouse crop production become efficient enough to produce food for the masses?
- 10/12/2018 Self-assembly greenhouse to be launched in USA
- 10/12/2018 The best way to circulate air in a glasshouse