- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
- Highly Experienced Agribusiness Professional now Available
- International Business student looking for an internship
Top 5 -yesterday
- US (NV): Aquaponics farm increases tomato yields by 20% with new lighting
- Will America's future farmers be robots?
- Plan 2020: King Courgette guarantees that 100% of the energy used in its facilities is green
- Agroecology could help feed Europe without pesticides by 2050
- US (CA): Managing organic production systems to promote plant health
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
CAN (BC): Joint venture converts 1.3 million sq. ft. into MMJ greenhouses
Applications have been submitted for both sites and subject to Health Canada and other standard regulatory approvals, as well as a bit of luck, the company is hopeful that it will have product available from the Joint Venture as soon as July 1, 2018.
Under the terms of the agreement and subject to third-party approvals required by the Partner, the Joint Venture has conditionally agreed to lease a 1.3 million sq. ft. (30-acre) greenhouse facility located on a 55-acre parcel of land in BC from an affiliate of the Partner, with an option to acquire the property. The Joint Venture significantly supplements the Company’s industry leading production portfolio and positions Canopy Growth with production and distribution facilities from coast to coast across the country.
“The Joint Venture allows us to expand our operational footprint for greenhouse production while increasing our institutional knowledge of operating large scale greenhouses,” said Bruce Linton, Chairman and CEO, Canopy Growth. “Our cannabis expertise already operating the largest cannabis greenhouse in the sector combined with experience of our new partner’s extensive large-scale greenhouse production record, is great news for our customers and investors.”
As consideration for entering into and operating the Joint Venture, Canopy Growth will, based upon various milestones and subject to required regulatory and stock exchange approvals, issue the Partner 310,316 common shares of Canopy Growth over two tranches and a further $2.75 million of common shares in two remaining tranches. Canopy Growth owns 66 2/3% of the Joint Venture.
To fund the development of the Joint Venture, Canopy Growth will contribute, in multiple tranches, an aggregate of $20 million in cash (of which approximately $1 million was advanced at closing), in exchange for Class A Preferred Shares with cumulative preferred dividends.
Following the expansion announcement at the Company’s existing Tweed Farms Inc. greenhouse facility in Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON, this Joint Venture will increase the total pro-forma greenhouse production footprint at Canopy Growth operation to approximately 2.3 million sq. ft., with an exclusive option to bring that footprint to 4.0 million sq. ft.
The Company has also announced indoor capacity expansion plans that will bring its total indoor production capacity to approximately 900,000 sq. ft.
The BC Tweed Joint Venture Partner brings multi-generational knowledge of greenhouse operations and efficiencies having managed and operated over 5.8 million square feet of greenhouse infrastructure in various climates throughout North America over the past 30 years. The Partner is an experienced large scale, low cost, hydroponic greenhouse operator, with industry leading food safety, traceability and compliance expertise and a deep focus on sustainable production practices and efficiencies. The Partner brings tier one assets and an operations team with over 200 years of combined growing experience.
This Joint Venture represents the sixth province with Canopy Growth operations. The Company is committed to building an international business with a strong national platform while supporting the local communities where it operates through job creation, meaningful stakeholder engagement, and local economic opportunity, highlighted most recently with the donation of over 3300 pounds of food and household goods across its sites to benefit local food banks in the lead up to Thanksgiving.
For more information:
1 Hershey Dr.
Smiths Falls, Ontario
1 855 558 9333 x 122
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/15/2018 CAN (ON): Aphria destroys batch of marijuana due to lack of qualified workers
- 10/12/2018 CAN (BC): Flowr and Scotts’ Hawthorne break ground on cannabis R&D facility
- 10/12/2018 UK Government legalizes medicinal cannabis
- 10/12/2018 MedMen to acquire PharmaCann for US$682 million
- 10/11/2018 Canopy Growth completes first legal MMJ export from Canada to US
- 10/11/2018 US (MA): AmeriCann releases designs for 345,000 sq.ft. MJ facility
- 10/08/2018 US: Cresco Labs raises $100 million to continue strategic acquisition and growth plans
- 10/08/2018 ICC breaks ground on Colombian Cannabis Centre of Excellence
- 10/05/2018 CAN (BC): Bevo Agro taken over by cannabis grower, changes name to Zenabis
- 10/05/2018 Hemp cultivation reaches new highs... in space
- 10/04/2018 US (CO): Some growers want specific organic cannabis designation
- 10/03/2018 Canada: Hawthorne's cannabis partner Flowr goes public
- 10/03/2018 "CO2 foliar spray leads to 74% increased commercial cannabis bud value"
- 10/02/2018 Canadian cannabis grower leases 87,120 sq.ft. greenhouse in Italy
- 10/01/2018 CAN (BC): $40 million investment for 2,200,000 sq.ft. cannabis greenhouse
- 09/28/2018 Canada: Supreme Cannabis signs $12M guaranteed supply agreement with Tilray
- 09/27/2018 The Great Clone Transfer
- 09/26/2018 Earth Alive welcomes Dave McAdam to develop Dr. Marijane root probiotic
- 09/25/2018 US (NJ): Tomato grower applies for MMJ license
- 09/21/2018 Canadian grower gets green light to export MMJ to US