Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- Rough introduces the HopsHouse: a single-solution hydroponic hops greenhouses
- One million square foot cannabis production facility to be built in Australia
- Dutch go crazy on weed...duckweed that is
- North America’s first scientific paper on how to produce cannabis under controlled environment
- Austria: Flicker to supply Vienna with LED-grown mini cucumbers
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Good results with PepMV vaccine in European countriesThe highly infectious Pepino Mosaic Virus (PepMV) results in severe damage and economical losses in greenhouse tomato crops.
Thijs de Lange, DCM:”PMV®-01 shows good results in various types of tomatoes, ranging from beef tomatoes to the smallest types of specialties, with and without artificial lighting.” Although specialties are known to lack the typical PepMV marbling symptoms, an aggressive infection can cause quality and shelf life issues, and a significant loss in production.
Increase in production after vaccination of specialties with PMV®-01 (Results obtained from a Dutch specialty grower)
PMV®-01 is a vaccination strategy based on an unique, mild and stable Chilean PepMV isolate, which colonizes the plants quickly and protects them against PepMV damage. Pre- and post-vaccination leaf samples are part of this strategy. Pre-vaccination samples check for a possible PepMV contamination before vaccination, while post-vaccination samples confirm a successful installation of the vaccine.
The vaccine is developed after 10 years of scientific research in Belgium, the Netherlands, Spain, etc. and has a certified production process with strict quality controls. Moreover, it is a sustainable and biological solution against PepMV.
Thijs:”PMV®-01 is currently the only vaccine that is legally applicable against PepMV. It is used successfully in greenhouses in nine different European countries, Switzerland and Morocco, covering an area of more than 4500 ha. Other countries both within and outside the EU are expected to follow soon.”
Vaccination experts help the grower implement the PMV®-01 vaccination strategy
DCM helps the growers implement the PMV®-01 vaccination strategy with a team of vaccination experts. Thijs:”In an expanding tomato industry where growers make a lot of investments, PMV®-01 is considered an insurance to protect these investments against the economic impact of an aggressive PepMV infection. “
For more information
Thijs De Langhe
Phone +32 (0)14 28 61 54
Publication date: 10/12/2017
Other news in this sector: