Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Micronesian students get updated on hydroponics
In Micronesia, Mariana Baptist Academy students learned hydroponic and the aquaponic methods of planting from the Northern Marianas College-Cooperative Research Extension and Education Services.
Eleanor Alejo, MBA science teacher, asked NMC-CREES aquaculture specialist Michael M. Ogo to conduct a lecture and a hands-on activity on growing leafy vegetables using the non-circulating or static hydroponic method which was developed by Dr. Bernie Kratky at the University of Hawaii-Hilo.
The lecture was conducted on Sept. 29 for MBAís eighth graders.
ďThe lecture was focused on the background and development of non-circulating/static hydroponics, system components, materials and supplies needed to construct a unit, leafy vegetable nutrient requirements, water/nutrient monitoring, seed germination, and plant health monitoring and maintenance,Ē Ogo said in an email to Variety.
Publication date: 10/11/2017
Other news in this sector: