Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Micronesian students get updated on hydroponics
In Micronesia, Mariana Baptist Academy students learned hydroponic and the aquaponic methods of planting from the Northern Marianas College-Cooperative Research Extension and Education Services.
Eleanor Alejo, MBA science teacher, asked NMC-CREES aquaculture specialist Michael M. Ogo to conduct a lecture and a hands-on activity on growing leafy vegetables using the non-circulating or static hydroponic method which was developed by Dr. Bernie Kratky at the University of Hawaii-Hilo.
The lecture was conducted on Sept. 29 for MBA’s eighth graders.
“The lecture was focused on the background and development of non-circulating/static hydroponics, system components, materials and supplies needed to construct a unit, leafy vegetable nutrient requirements, water/nutrient monitoring, seed germination, and plant health monitoring and maintenance,” Ogo said in an email to Variety.
Publication date: 10/11/2017
Other news in this sector: