Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- Rough introduces the HopsHouse: a single-solution hydroponic hops greenhouses
- One million square foot cannabis production facility to be built in Australia
- Dutch go crazy on weed...duckweed that is
- Austria: Flicker to supply Vienna with LED-grown mini cucumbers
- North America’s first scientific paper on how to produce cannabis under controlled environment
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New Camposol brand “The Berry That Cares” focuses on sustainability
The Berry That Cares is Camposol’s new proposition that it hopes will help communicate its commitment to the environment, communities, workers, and consumer.
It responds to consumers who increasingly want to know the story behind their food, and who want to engage with companies that support sustainability practices.
"The Berry That Cares, its new brand of berries that will be available to worldwide consumers in the main supermarkets of the United States, Canada, Europe, and China, starting October 2017," Camposol told in a release.
"The brand highlights Camposol’s commitment to the consumer, the planet, the community, and its workers, offering pesticide-free berries, non-genetically modified organisms (no GMO); providing for workers a just and committed relationship, care for the environment, and development of a community where once only a desert reigned."
Camposol has been conducting social responsibility programs with its workers and their families to improve the quality of their lives. They provide, for example, ongoing training and run the Wawa Wasi daycare centre that has serviced more than a thousand youngsters since its creation, all of which are children of field and plant workers.
In the company’s 20 years of growth, the adjoining communities have grown along with it. Camposol has fostered sustainable entrepreneurship, and projects in health and housing have emerged, such as the construction and operation of the Nuevo Chao medical center.
With regard to the environment, Camposol has worked to make more efficient use of water resources and helped in the innovation of eco-efficiency and wastewater management projects. It also forests desert areas and does annual fauna and flora census in its areas of operation.
For more information: www.theberrythatcares.com
Publication date: 10/11/2017
Other news in this sector: