Job offersmore »
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
Top 5 - yesterday
- Development of substrates for multilayer cultivation in high-tech phytotrons
- "Semi-closed greenhouses require sturdy, generative plant types"
- US (NC): $160 million Plant Sciences Initiative comes to Durham
- Wageningen University publishes booklet on plant breeding techniques
- "Becoming an event organizer was never the plan"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
October 12, Vancouver
CAN (BC): Sustainably farming fish and plants togetherThis workshop is an introduction to the synergistic and sustainable method of growing food known as aquaponics: a combination of recirculating aquaculture (growing fish on land) and hydroponics (growing plants in nutrient rich water). Aquaponics drastically reduces water consumption, waste and environmental impact associated with traditional food production systems. It is currently being done in schools, homes, warehouses and on commercial farms.
About the Instructor
David Sayson graduated from UBC with a Bachelor of Applied Science (Mechanical Engineering). His company JustAquaponics helps people learn, build, and grow food with aquaponics. He also maintains the informative website CanadianAquaponics.com
Click here for more information.
Publication date: 10/12/2017
Other news in this sector: