Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
October 12, Vancouver
CAN (BC): Sustainably farming fish and plants togetherThis workshop is an introduction to the synergistic and sustainable method of growing food known as aquaponics: a combination of recirculating aquaculture (growing fish on land) and hydroponics (growing plants in nutrient rich water). Aquaponics drastically reduces water consumption, waste and environmental impact associated with traditional food production systems. It is currently being done in schools, homes, warehouses and on commercial farms.
About the Instructor
David Sayson graduated from UBC with a Bachelor of Applied Science (Mechanical Engineering). His company JustAquaponics helps people learn, build, and grow food with aquaponics. He also maintains the informative website CanadianAquaponics.com
Click here for more information.
Publication date: 10/12/2017
Other news in this sector: