Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- Rough introduces the HopsHouse: a single-solution hydroponic hops greenhouses
- One million square foot cannabis production facility to be built in Australia
- Dutch go crazy on weed...duckweed that is
- North America’s first scientific paper on how to produce cannabis under controlled environment
- Austria: Flicker to supply Vienna with LED-grown mini cucumbers
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Edible Garden to supply organic herbs to supermarket, restaurantsEdible Garden has been selected by two new customers, Hannaford supermarket and Sweetgreen restaurants, to supply organic fresh herbs to selected retail outlets. Hannaford was founded in 1883 as a fresh produce vendor in Portland, Maine, and is now a major supermarket chain with over 180 stores servicing the New England area. Sweetgreen is an established restaurant, founded in 2007, with over 75 locations across eight states. The first orders of Edible Garden's organic herbs to both new customers were shipped in late September, 2017.
Edible Garden's line of USDA Certified Organic herbs uses cutting edge technology and sustainable, all-natural growing practices. All the herbs are non-GMO and GFSI Certified, deliver on Edible Garden's commitment to using the safest standards and most energy efficient technologies available, allowing consumers to experience superior-quality, nutrient-dense produce, free of contaminants and pesticides.
Derek Peterson, CEO of Terra Tech, commented, "Edible Garden continues to expand its footprint throughout the U.S. adding more trusted customers to our family of stores. Securing purchase orders from customers such as Hannaford and Sweetgreen restaurants, which are known for their commitment to high quality and natural foods, expands our distribution into food service and new regions while reinforcing our brand message.
"Similar to Edible Garden, Hannaford has a commitment to carrying local products and places sustainability and healthy communities at the center of its strategy. Sweetgreen values transparency around what's in your food and where it comes from, preferring to partner with those who support sustainable farming and traceability. Edible Garden's growing reputation for employing ethical production practices, while maintaining maximum flavor, freshness, and nutrient content, has enabled it to secure reputable customers such as these as we capitalize on the growth in the health and wellness industry."
For more information:
283 County Road 519
Belvidere, NJ 07823
Publication date: 10/5/2017
Other news in this sector: