Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "Easier to clean and lasting longer than polystyrene"
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
How to define sustainable agricultureWhat makes food sustainable? This is a question Jenny Maloney, Food Chain Sustainability Manager at Bayer in the United States, has asked herself on more than one occasion. Searching for an answer, she has looked at some of the best practices utilized on farms around the world.
Farmers donít just grow the food that we eat, they also oversee the land that we all share. And sustainable agriculture is so much more than protecting natural resources such as water and soil. Thatís why itís important to help growers continue to farm sustainably and meet their future needs. To read the full article by Jenny Maloney click here.
With Grow On, Bayer provides growers in the United States tools to identify, implement, and communicate sustainable farming practices. Click here if you want to learn more about this initiative.
Publication date: 10/6/2017
Other news in this sector: