Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
This is how it works with coir growbagsDecember last year, Dutch Plantin supplied a container of growbags to a cucumber grower in the Netherlands. After tests with 20 growbags and 2 rows in the previous years he was happy to experience a larger area of his 10 ha company. “As future growing might develop to organic substrates”, he said.
Therefore, in December 2016, the company supplied a 20ft container for 1 ha of cucumbers on ‘the high wire’ system. For them a good moment to figure out ‘how it works with coir growbags’.
The video below shows how many pieces are put in 1 container, how easy it works, and see the fast growing of the cucumbers in winter time in the Netherlands under artificial lights.
The customer concluded: “Growing with these growbags is easily possible and with minimum the same yield as on stone wool. So if the market demands for cucumbers grown on an organic substrate I have no doubt anymore to move fully to these coir growbags”, according René Tielemans, Boekel.
For more information
T: +91-422 25 62 501
T: +31-492 74 75 60
Publication date: 9/28/2017
Other news in this sector: