Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Indian start-up wins Israeli award for modular greenhouseAn Indian startup has won a prestigious award and a cash prize of $42,000 in Israel for developing an affordable modular greenhouse that aims to give farmers a steady and dependable income. Kheyti, a Hyderabad-based startup, was chosen among the ten finalists in the prestigious MassChallenge Israel contest that saw participation from over 500 companies in 40 different countries. The top ten finalists also included another Indian start-up ‘Sukriti’ which developed a smart toilet cabin employing hygiene maintenance systems to enhance user experience in sanitation. Kheyti, the Indian startup, had to go through a rigorous three-month process before sharing the honour with an Israeli startup as the “diamond winners” of this year’s contest.
Each one of them were awarded a cash prize of $42,850. The startup with a team of young entrepreneurs provides technology solutions for small farmers. It has developed a ‘greenhouse-in-a-box’, an affordable, modular greenhouse bundled with full stack services that, as per claims, uses 90 per cent less water, grows seven times more food and gives farmers a steady dependable income. “We design, adapt and implement low-cost farming solutions that help small farmers increase yield and predictability of produce. We combine these technologies with end-to-end support to give these farmers a seamless path towards income increase,” the team said in its presentation.
Read more at The Financial Express
Publication date: 9/22/2017
Other news in this sector: