Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Nelson Pade receives 2017 Wisconsin Business Friend of the Environment AwardOn Monday, September 11th, Nelson and Pade, Inc.® was honored to receive a visit by Wisconsin State Representative Joan Ballweg of the 41st Assembly District. Representative Ballweg is a strong supporter of our mission to help bring food security to all nations through aquaponics and controlled environment agriculture.
On behalf of Wisconsin State Senator Luther Olsen of the 14th Senate District, and herself, Wisconsin State Representative Joan Ballweg presented a plaque encasing a Citation By The Legislature to Nelson and Pade, Inc.® The plaque was accepted by Oliver Baysinger, Business Manager of Nelson and Pade, Inc.®
The citation reads:
WHEREAS, Nelson and Pade, Inc. was awarded a 2017 Wisconsin Business Friend of the Environment Award at the Wisconsin Manufacturers and Commerce’s Policy Day conference due to their avid commitment and dedication to environmentally-friendly business practices; and
WHEREAS, Nelson and Pade, Inc. is a leader in the rapidly growing aquaponics industry and have continued to expand their product offerings while keeping in mind their constant support for sustainable and environmentally-conscious products; and
WHEREAS, Nelson and Pade’s innovation and leadership has led to the conception of some of the most efficient and environmentally-conscious aquaponics systems in the market; and
WHEREAS, their innovative Zero Discharge-Extra Production (ZDEP) system reuses nutrient-rich water to grow more plants in addition to reducing water usage and eliminating wastewater; and
WHEREAS, in addition to the ZDEP system, Nelson and Pade developed Non-GMO fish food, which provides a better diet for fish and is a more sustainable product; and
WHEREAS, Nelson and Pade’s commitment to sustainability has created innovative solutions that have changed the food system while providing more nutritious fresh food; now
THEREFORE, State Senator Luther Olsen and State Representative Joan Ballweg, on behalf of the Wisconsin State Legislature, congratulate and commend Nelson and Pade, Inc. for being awarded a 2017 Wisconsin Business Friend of the Environment Award.
Additionally, Representative Ballweg nominated Nelson and Pade, Inc.® for the “Coolest Thing Made In Wisconsin” award, presented by the Wisconsin Manufacturers and Commerce, for our continued engagement in sustainable business and manufacturing processes utilized in our science-based Clear Flow Aquaponic Systems®.
The Nelson and Pade Team truly appreciates the support of Representative Ballweg, Senator Olson and the Wisconsin Legislature.
Publication date: 9/14/2017
Other news in this sector: