Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are now the only people producing the tubers hydroponically"
- Oxygen level in water: an underestimated factor in plant growth
- Bitcoin mining powers tomato greenhouse
- How the rise of Amazon will urge you to create a brand in fresh produce
- UV light provides novel method to improve crop performance and yield
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (ME): Lisbon farm raises money for aquaponics facilityA farm in Lisbon that grows lettuce indoors year-round using aquaponics has raised one-third of the total $1.6 million in equity funding it is seeking.
Springworks Farm Maine Inc., started three years ago by Bowdoin College student Trevor Kenkel, 22, raised $535,838, according to a U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission filing. About $150,000 of the proceeds will be used to pay debt held by company officers, while the rest will be used for expansion.
“We are still operating at full capacity, and production will increase as the weather gets colder,” said Duncan Pfaehler, director of horticulture and research at the company.
Springworks currently has one greenhouse, and has plans for a second, but it is looking at vendors now to build it.
Read more at Bangor Daily News
Publication date: 9/13/2017
Other news in this sector: