Job offersmore »
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
- Horticultural Consultant - Sydney, Australia
- Technical Assistant - East Malling (Kent), UK
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (ME): Lisbon farm raises money for aquaponics facilityA farm in Lisbon that grows lettuce indoors year-round using aquaponics has raised one-third of the total $1.6 million in equity funding it is seeking.
Springworks Farm Maine Inc., started three years ago by Bowdoin College student Trevor Kenkel, 22, raised $535,838, according to a U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission filing. About $150,000 of the proceeds will be used to pay debt held by company officers, while the rest will be used for expansion.
“We are still operating at full capacity, and production will increase as the weather gets colder,” said Duncan Pfaehler, director of horticulture and research at the company.
Springworks currently has one greenhouse, and has plans for a second, but it is looking at vendors now to build it.
Read more at Bangor Daily News
Publication date: 9/13/2017
Other news in this sector: