Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are now the only people producing the tubers hydroponically"
- Oxygen level in water: an underestimated factor in plant growth
- Bitcoin mining powers tomato greenhouse
- How the rise of Amazon will urge you to create a brand in fresh produce
- UV light provides novel method to improve crop performance and yield
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Upgrades for El Oasis:
Despite political tension, Mexico continues to grow
Mexican young plant nursery El Oasis has invested in new technology to upscale and maximize its efficiency.
Located in Tunas Blacas near the greenhouse horticulture hub of Queretaro, El Oasis is one of the more advanced nurseries in the Mexican greenhouse industry. The company is specialized in vegetable seedlings like pepper and tomato , both grafted and non-grafted.
Recently the company invested in a new PRO335 full automatic seeder line of Conic System. The PRO335 comes as an addition to the PRO110 and PRO130 seeders that El Oasis has been operating for many years.
Ignacio Calderón, CEO of El Oasis, has acquired the new PRO335 due their increase of their production of sweet Peppers and tomatoes. “This new seeder line works very well. It is faster, which helps us to meet our production demand.”.
Ignacio explained that the user friendliness of the machine is outstanding. “It was a a bit difficult to get the programming for different trays, seeds and substrates right, but finally, we got it, and we like it very much."
Ignacio expects that, despite the current political tension, the Mexican market will continue its growth that it experienced over the last few years. "In regards to the political situation and our relation with our North American export markets, things will come soon to a normal situation again. We will reconstruct relationships and the Mexican greenhouse industry will see growth again.
El Oasis will be exhibiting at the Expo Agroalimentaria Guanajuato in Irapuato in November this year.
Other news in this sector: