- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
US (AL): Future Farm, Volunteers of America to build vertical farm
Future Farm has already secured site control of a facility in Mobile, Alabama and is in the process of completing that facility’s design and budget. The property consists of 21,123-sf under roof and 2.71 acres of land. The facility design is underway and is expected to be completed within 2-3 weeks.
The company has also identified a site and negotiations are under way with respect to the previously announced second location in Baltimore. This particular site is more accommodating to the company’s controlled environment agriculture technology and requires less construction build-out.
CBO Financial will act as the company’s financial advisor with respect to New Market Tax Credits (NMTC) and will be arranging for $4,000,000 in NMTC-based financing for the Alabama farm. The NMTC program is a $65 billion federal program designed to incentivize private investment in low-income communities. NMTCs are provided to financial institutions in exchange for equity investments that eligible businesses can use to subsidize project development costs. CBO Financial helps driven organizations, such as Future Farm, to finance facilities that will provide goods and services that benefit populations in need and revitalize communities.
“We see this second project with Volunteers of America and CBO Financial as a new and important milestone for Future Farm as it now positions us with almost 75,000 sq ft. of indoor urban farming, making us a major multi-state player in the rapidly growing vertical farming market,” says Mr. William Gildea, Future Farm’s CEO and Chairman. “Our goal was always to create impactful social and corporate programs that are mutually beneficial for all involved, from the community, to the company and our shareholders. Partnering with Volunteers of America and CBO Financial puts us in the position to achieve that goal.”
The primary objectives of all three locations (two in MD and one in AL) remain the same — establish economical and environmentally friendly vertical farms; provide job training opportunities (specifically to the VOA’s reentry program for ex-offenders in Baltimore, MD and to the mentally disadvantaged/formerly homeless community in Mobile, AL) as well as to the local communities of both; provide therapeutic programs, which will be expanded to the disabled population; support entrepreneurship development; and establish a model for replication at other reentry and social services facilities.
For more information:
Future Farm Technologies
342 Compass Circle
North Kingstown RI 02852
T: (617) 834-9467
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/17/2018 New facility to research the farm of the future
- 10/17/2018 US (OH): Hydroponic program gets boost from police department
- 10/16/2018 Urban farming during World War Two
- 10/16/2018 New vertical farming light bar/panel hybrid designed to maximize yields with less space
- 10/12/2018 Grow & Roll with vertical farms
- 10/11/2018 AI does food
- 10/11/2018 US (HI): Researchers help Waimānalo families use aquaponics, improve health
- 10/10/2018 UAE: Dubai South selected as site for Emirates Flight Catering project
- 10/10/2018 US (NJ): Strange-looking hydroponic farm at Forbes College is fully functioning experiment
- 10/10/2018 US (MO): Urban farming organization visualizes franchise model to produce fish and vegetables
- 10/08/2018 US (NY): Future chefs educated in hydroponic garden
- 10/08/2018 US (KS): Professor uses aquaponics to teach sustainability
- 10/08/2018 CAN (ON): DelFrescoPure announces partnership with CubicFarms
- 10/05/2018 Hydroponic farm as furniture
- 10/05/2018 Vertical farming - the reinvention of horticulture?
- 10/05/2018 US (CT): Students work hands-on with data analytics and IoT through aquaponics project
- 10/04/2018 EU invests 2 million euros to raise aquaponics awareness
- 10/04/2018 "Having little space is no longer an excuse"
- 10/04/2018 Be a part of Agrilyst’s annual State of Indoor Report
- 10/03/2018 Trinidad & Tobago: Aquaponic farmers get refresher course