Job offersmore »
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
- Horticultural Consultant - Sydney, Australia
- Technical Assistant - East Malling (Kent), UK
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
EPP leaders to discuss demographic change and challengesCllr Michael Murphy, head of the Irish EPP delegation to the Committee of Regions met with Commissioner Vestager to discuss his draft opinion on Competition Policy. Speaking after the meeting Cllr Murphy welcomed the Commissioner’s engagement with the Committee of Regions and spoke of the robust exchange of views that were had.
“My opinion advocates greater flexibility in state aid rules in the agri-food sector, particularly for those EU Member states who are likely to face the greatest economic disruption as a result of Brexit.
Commissioner Vestager’s willingness to consider and take on board some of my suggestions, and particular her support for greater resourcing of National Competition Authorities was an extremely welcome development.
Competition policy is an integral component of enhancing the EU Single Market and protecting consumers against unlawful dominant market practices. Commissioner Vestager has robustly defended EU principles of competition policy during her tenure and it was a great opportunity to highlight the impact her decisions are having at a local and regional level.”
Murphy’s opinion on Competition Policy will be debated at the ECON sub-committee on the 19th of September and will be subsequently voted on at the next plenary hearing.
Publication date: 9/8/2017
Other news in this sector: