Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are now the only people producing the tubers hydroponically"
- Oxygen level in water: an underestimated factor in plant growth
- Bitcoin mining powers tomato greenhouse
- How the rise of Amazon will urge you to create a brand in fresh produce
- UV light provides novel method to improve crop performance and yield
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New lights for Dutch grower Royal Pride
"Lower failure rate, better quality and lifetime"Dutch grower Royal Pride from Middenmeer is going to expand the test with 1000 Watt electronics from Aruna Holland replacing the old circuit boards. With this step, the replacement at Royal Pride by Aruna last year, 9,000 units of high pressure sodium lamps, gets a follow up. With the introduction of an electronic driver, the product offering of Aruna Holland for high pressure sodium makes it possible for growers to use a complete system (lamp and ballast combination) from Aruna.
Tomato grower Frank van Kleef: “The replacement by Aruna last year has proven itself once again throughout the season. The initial failure rate is lower than that we are used to, and in addition the quality and lifetime are superior. The Aruna circuit boards that we now have tested work very well and on the basis of the results we are confident that we are making the right choice with the electronics. We will not changeover entirely, because we first want to see that the electronics also sustains another season. Yet, on the basis of the first-year result, we extend the use with 2.000 units.”
“The most important reason that we have started looking for a new supplier is that we have not been satisfied on the quality of the current electronics. A nice additional advantage of the systems of Aruna Holland is their lower cost.”, says Van Kleef.
“The addition of an electronic driver to our high-pressure sodium portfolio has had our attention from the beginning and we are proud that we now can offer this to our customers.”, explains Jeroen van Velzen, manager of Aruna Lighting. “The systems are electrically and mechanically fully compatible with existing fixtures and can be used without any trouble. And moreover, there’s no need for users to be concerned about warranty limitations since our warranty also applies when the driver is used in combination with lamps of another brand. Although we like it most when customers choose our lamps of course!” smiles Van Velzen.
Behind the scenes, Aruna Holland is working rapidly further to develop a digital dimmable system, that can be used in combination with LED fixtures. This way, a flexible system will allow the user to optimize the best combination of radiated heat, light and light color throughout the seasons.
For more information:
Korte Huifakkerstraat 4A
4815 PS Breda
T. +31 76 56 23 767
Publication date: 9/7/2017
Other news in this sector: