Job offersmore »
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Specialized farmers' cooperatives to promote modern agricultureChina has 1.93 million specialized farmers' cooperatives with over 100 million rural households participating, according to the State Administration for Industry and Commerce.
The specialized cooperatives have gained popularity with participating farmers accounting for 46.8 percent of Chinese rural households, said Ye Zhenqin, vice minister of agriculture, Monday at a seminar on the Law on Farmers' Specialized Cooperatives, which has been in effect for 10 years.
Since the law took effect in 2007, it has played an important role in fattening rural wallets, promoting new agricultural management systems, and boosting modern agriculture, said Ye.
Through specialized cooperatives, farmers engaged in the same kind of agricultural production are able to pool resources and increase productivity.
So far this year, the central and local governments have pumped 4.8 billion yuan (736 million U.S. dollars) into supporting farmers' cooperatives to strengthen their competitiveness and help them withstand risks, said Ye.
Ye said the government will further unveil policies to support cooperatives in terms of infrastructure construction, financing, insurance, marketing and personnel training.
Source: Ministry of Agriculture of the People's Republic of China
Publication date: 9/5/2017
Other news in this sector: