Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- "Easier to clean and lasting longer than polystyrene"
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Field tomato grower donates backpacks to students
On Saturday, Aug. 5, Lipman distributed more than 1,500 backpacks filled with essential school supplies to Immokalee elementary and middle school students at its 6th annual free community event at Immokalee High School.
“We look forward to our backpack distribution event every year because it gives the whole community an opportunity to come together for a great cause,” said Jaime Weisinger, community relations director for Lipman and board chairman for the Lipman Family Foundation. “Encouraging education is a priority for us, and we are always looking for new ways to invest in our community’s youth.”
In addition to the backpack distribution, more than 40 local nonprofits and service agencies were present at the event – offering bicycle giveaways, a bounce house, free food and entertainment, and more. The Immokalee Sheriff’s Department provided a rock-climbing wall, and more than 200 haircuts were given by salon-level stylists from Immokalee Technical College. The Harry Chapin Food Bank mobile pantry was also on hand, serving over 300 families with free food.
Funds to purchase the backpacks and school supplies were collected during Lipman’s “Run for Backpacks 5K.” More than 25 local organizations sponsored the run to help raise donations.
Free school uniform shirts were given out to every student at Pinecrest Elementary School because the school had the most participants in the Lipman 5K.
In addition to the backpack distribution, Lipman also offers scholarships to high school and college students in Collier and Lee counties as well as a textbook reimbursement program.
Publication date: 8/23/2017
Other news in this sector: