Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- One million square foot cannabis production facility to be built in Australia
- NatureFresh Farms develops unconventional pest management methods
- Rough introduces the HopsHouse: a single-solution hydroponic hops greenhouses
- Dutch police raids greenhouses in heroin investigation
- Protected Cropping Australia appoints new board
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Austria: Greenhouse workers injured after aerial platform collapses
During the glazing works at an Austrian greenhouse project a total of three employees got seriously injured last month. The aerial work platform on which they were standing collapsed and came six meters down.
Quickly after the incident, emergency services got called in. The wounded workers are Romanian and Polish greenhouse builders in the ages of 20, 23 and 32 year who are hired by a Dutch greenhouse manufacturer. One of them got serious injuries at his back and leg, the others got injured by the scattered glass.
The accident took place in Austria. At this moment the company is expanding with another 18 hectare, which need to be completed in October.
Publication date: 8/11/2017
Other news in this sector: