Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Cucumber-slicing vehicle garnishes cocktails across AmericaIt’s finally summer, when the hours are best spent relaxing, and labor is better left to machines. To give weary fingers a rest, Hendrick’s has concocted the Hendrick’s Grand Garnisher, an unusually prodigious machine designed to slice cucumbers and ornament your not-so-ordinary cocktail.
Yet the Hendrick’s Grand Garnisher isn’t only a cucumber-dicing delight. It’s also a functioning vehicle, powered by a large diesel motor and a well-dressed gentleman pedaling a penny farthing.
To operate the Hendrick’s Grand Garnisher, one must first climb atop the vessel’s crown, where ambassador Mark Stoddard cycles to keep the machine’s gears grinding. Near the gentleman’s hip rests a French Horn…or is it? Sliding a cucumber into this “instrument” activates the device’s culinary engine: an elaborate system of pneumatic tubing, interlocking gears and rotating blades.
Read more at Atlas Obscura
Publication date: 8/30/2017
Other news in this sector: