Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Cucumber-slicing vehicle garnishes cocktails across AmericaIt’s finally summer, when the hours are best spent relaxing, and labor is better left to machines. To give weary fingers a rest, Hendrick’s has concocted the Hendrick’s Grand Garnisher, an unusually prodigious machine designed to slice cucumbers and ornament your not-so-ordinary cocktail.
Yet the Hendrick’s Grand Garnisher isn’t only a cucumber-dicing delight. It’s also a functioning vehicle, powered by a large diesel motor and a well-dressed gentleman pedaling a penny farthing.
To operate the Hendrick’s Grand Garnisher, one must first climb atop the vessel’s crown, where ambassador Mark Stoddard cycles to keep the machine’s gears grinding. Near the gentleman’s hip rests a French Horn…or is it? Sliding a cucumber into this “instrument” activates the device’s culinary engine: an elaborate system of pneumatic tubing, interlocking gears and rotating blades.
Read more at Atlas Obscura
Publication date: 8/30/2017
Other news in this sector: