Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Workers safe after carbon monoxide incident at Windset Farms
- Australia: New project to drive agriculture innovation in Victoria
- "With unemployment at record lows, labor is our biggest challenge"
- Hydropothecary announces expansion plans
- US (FL): Wish Farms launches strawberry season with new sweepstakes
Top 5 - last month
- US (TX): Tarrant County College board approves campus greenhouse
- Partial replacement of PAR light by far red light in tomato
- NL: New Geothermal Energy Alliance in South Holland
- German Agricultural Society and Fairtrade enter strategic partnership in Africa
- US (ME): Aquaponic grower secures $1.6M to expand greenhouse
Exchange ratesmore »
De Ruiter re-introduces cocktail tomato at Timotion
"Timotion has a new lease of life"Timotion is a cocktail tomato from De Ruiter, which has been marketed exclusively in the past years under the name of Red Pearl. Timotion became a reliable and tasteful variety, that is now available to all growers.
Number 1 in cocktail
De Ruiter expects the interest for Timotion will increase in the coming season, especially because the variety was the first cocktail tomato in the tomato test of De Volkskrant, a renowned newspaper in the Netherlands. Timotion finished third, but number one and two were taken by cherry truss tomatoes. This number 1 position is more than deserved, since Timotion has a mild sweet taste with a Brix between five and seven. In addition, the tomatoes look very attractive, with a fair red colour, and firm fruits with a crispy bite. Both retailers and consumers appreciate Timotion's good shelf life.
Plus for growers
With a fruit weight between 35 and 50 grams, Timotion is an ideal cocktail for growers, even more so because this variety does so well under artificial lights. In lit crops, this variety offers an excellent production potential and year round delivery is possible. Timotion has uniform trusses, strong green parts and is less susceptible to micro cracking.
Check out Timotion
On Wednesday 6 September, De Ruiter organizes an open day at the Tomato Experience Center in 's-Gravenzande. People who are interested can watch Timotion live and view all data about its performance in cultivation. You are welcome to the Strandweg 19, 2691 KE in 's-Gravenzande on September 6th from 13.00 to 17.00 hrs.
Goodbye Tomato Experience Centre
During the aforementioned open day De Ruiter will say goodbye to the Tomato Experience Center. From 2018, De Ruiter opens a new demo in Bleiswijk (the Netherlands), where a part of the glasshouse will be equipped with artificial lights. The new demo greenhouse will have a different name: De Ruiter Tomato Experience. On the Dutch website of De Ruiter, you can see some images of the glasshouse being built.
For more information:
De Ruiter Seeds
Publication date: 8/10/2017
Other news in this sector: