Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- Dutch police raids greenhouses in heroin investigation
- NatureFresh Farms develops unconventional pest management methods
- A look at the future developments in plant propagation
- US: Aquaponics Association calls on NOSB to retain organic eligibility
- What is Vapor Pressure Deficit and why does it matter?
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
De Ruiter re-introduces cocktail tomato at Timotion
"Timotion has a new lease of life"Timotion is a cocktail tomato from De Ruiter, which has been marketed exclusively in the past years under the name of Red Pearl. Timotion became a reliable and tasteful variety, that is now available to all growers.
Number 1 in cocktail
De Ruiter expects the interest for Timotion will increase in the coming season, especially because the variety was the first cocktail tomato in the tomato test of De Volkskrant, a renowned newspaper in the Netherlands. Timotion finished third, but number one and two were taken by cherry truss tomatoes. This number 1 position is more than deserved, since Timotion has a mild sweet taste with a Brix between five and seven. In addition, the tomatoes look very attractive, with a fair red colour, and firm fruits with a crispy bite. Both retailers and consumers appreciate Timotion's good shelf life.
Plus for growers
With a fruit weight between 35 and 50 grams, Timotion is an ideal cocktail for growers, even more so because this variety does so well under artificial lights. In lit crops, this variety offers an excellent production potential and year round delivery is possible. Timotion has uniform trusses, strong green parts and is less susceptible to micro cracking.
Check out Timotion
On Wednesday 6 September, De Ruiter organizes an open day at the Tomato Experience Center in 's-Gravenzande. People who are interested can watch Timotion live and view all data about its performance in cultivation. You are welcome to the Strandweg 19, 2691 KE in 's-Gravenzande on September 6th from 13.00 to 17.00 hrs.
Goodbye Tomato Experience Centre
During the aforementioned open day De Ruiter will say goodbye to the Tomato Experience Center. From 2018, De Ruiter opens a new demo in Bleiswijk (the Netherlands), where a part of the glasshouse will be equipped with artificial lights. The new demo greenhouse will have a different name: De Ruiter Tomato Experience. On the Dutch website of De Ruiter, you can see some images of the glasshouse being built.
For more information:
De Ruiter Seeds
Publication date: 8/10/2017
Other news in this sector: