Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- Rough introduces the HopsHouse: a single-solution hydroponic hops greenhouses
- One million square foot cannabis production facility to be built in Australia
- Dutch go crazy on weed...duckweed that is
- Austria: Flicker to supply Vienna with LED-grown mini cucumbers
- North America’s first scientific paper on how to produce cannabis under controlled environment
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: New Food and Farm Facts Book on saleThe new Food and Farm Facts book, map and pocket guide, produced by the American Farm Bureau Foundation for Agriculture, are now available.
“Food and Farm Facts provides the opportunity to learn about the many ways modern farmers produce food to meet the needs of today’s consumers. I hope it also puts into perspective how blessed we are to be Americans,” said Foundation Chairman Zippy Duvall, who also serves as president of the American Farm Bureau Federation.
Food and Farm Facts helps answer the questions “Where does our food come from and who grows it?” by exploring topics about agriculture in the U.S. The 32-page, full-color book features updated facts and easy-to-read infographics that can be used in a variety of ways to help increase agricultural literacy. The book would be a valuable resource in the classroom, at fairs and events, for student leadership organizations and on social media.
Check out What’s Inside for a sneak peek at page titles of the book organized by section (Consumers, Modern Farmers, Trade & Economics, Environment and Production).
Related Food and Farm Facts products created by the Foundation will be available in the fall. These include classroom activity cards (for grades 4-6 and 7-12) developed using national learning standards and state “common core” standards that reflect the knowledge and skills young people need for success in college and careers.
Copies of Food and Farm Facts may be purchased for $4.25 each (up to 49 copies). Price breaks are available for multi-copy purchases starting at 50: 50-99 copies, $3.50 each; 100 or more copies, $2.50 each. Each copy of the book includes a color “America the Bountiful” map poster depicting top agricultural products produced in every state. A pocket guide version of Food and Farm Facts is also available (100 copies for $10) and features several popular infographics from the book.
Purchase Food and Farm Facts books and related resources online at http://bit.ly/2vxwM3u.
Publication date: 8/9/2017
Other news in this sector: