Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "Easier to clean and lasting longer than polystyrene"
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
US: New Food and Farm Facts Book on saleThe new Food and Farm Facts book, map and pocket guide, produced by the American Farm Bureau Foundation for Agriculture, are now available.
“Food and Farm Facts provides the opportunity to learn about the many ways modern farmers produce food to meet the needs of today’s consumers. I hope it also puts into perspective how blessed we are to be Americans,” said Foundation Chairman Zippy Duvall, who also serves as president of the American Farm Bureau Federation.
Food and Farm Facts helps answer the questions “Where does our food come from and who grows it?” by exploring topics about agriculture in the U.S. The 32-page, full-color book features updated facts and easy-to-read infographics that can be used in a variety of ways to help increase agricultural literacy. The book would be a valuable resource in the classroom, at fairs and events, for student leadership organizations and on social media.
Check out What’s Inside for a sneak peek at page titles of the book organized by section (Consumers, Modern Farmers, Trade & Economics, Environment and Production).
Related Food and Farm Facts products created by the Foundation will be available in the fall. These include classroom activity cards (for grades 4-6 and 7-12) developed using national learning standards and state “common core” standards that reflect the knowledge and skills young people need for success in college and careers.
Copies of Food and Farm Facts may be purchased for $4.25 each (up to 49 copies). Price breaks are available for multi-copy purchases starting at 50: 50-99 copies, $3.50 each; 100 or more copies, $2.50 each. Each copy of the book includes a color “America the Bountiful” map poster depicting top agricultural products produced in every state. A pocket guide version of Food and Farm Facts is also available (100 copies for $10) and features several popular infographics from the book.
Purchase Food and Farm Facts books and related resources online at http://bit.ly/2vxwM3u.
Publication date: 8/9/2017
Other news in this sector: