Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (OH): Inmates donate produce to Center of HopeAn innovative venture in sustainable agriculture is yielding a bountiful harvest for the Center of Hope in Ravenna.
The center has more than 2,000 pounds of vegetables -- zucchini, squash, kale, cucumbers and lettuce -- from the Trumbull Correctional Institution in Leavittsburg, where 20 inmates are involved in a gardening project involving aquaponics.
Portage County Soil & Water Conservation District provided TCI with 120 channel catfish and 200 hybrid bluegills to assist in the project at the correctional institution. The fish were delivered in June, and the Center of Hope received its first donation from TCI on July 12.
TCI has a 27,000 square-foot garden maintained by inmates. Aquaponics enables inmates to raise food on a year-round basis, according to Patrick Crick, TCI corrections officer, who oversees the project.
This year's goal is to grow and donate 13,000 pounds of food, Crick said.
Read more at the Record-Courier
Publication date: 8/11/2017
Other news in this sector: