Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (CA): Neighbours not happy with aquaponics farm partiesJust a few months after the City Council agreed to allow the nonprofit Renewable Farms to host 48 events such as weddings, movie nights and other parties annually at an 1-acre aquaponics farm in exchange for donating its produce and fish to charities, neighbors say the loud music and influx of out-of-town visitors are ruining their quality of life.
They are demanding the city end its arrangement with the facility, which in 2014 turned a small part of a city-owned maintenance yard into The Riverbed Farm. The farm, at 1426 E. Vermont Ave., is adjacent to Boysen Park and Theodore Roosevelt Elementary School.
“When the events started, everything went to hell,” Melody Anderson, a nearby resident, said at a recent neighborhood meeting with city officials and the owner, Aaron Flora.
Flora said since reaching its agreement with the city, The Riverbed Farm has upped from 20 percent to about 95 percent its donation of food to local nonprofits, church groups and youth groups. The farm harvests about 2,000 to 3,000 pounds of tilapia and produce, such as kale, beets and tomatoes, a month.
Read more at The Orange County Register
Publication date: 8/9/2017
Other news in this sector: