Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- SUNSET campaign reaches $60,000 in donations towards men's health
- Mexico: Mid-tech pepper growers see good results with grafting
- What are the optimum nutrient levels for hydroponic edible crops?
- Saudi Arabia "Vertical Farming alone is not sufficient"
- New Zealand: Cocktail tomato grower upgrades to LED lighting
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Senet and Sensoterra to deliver real-time soil moisture monitoringSenet, a provider of global connectivity and network management for the Internet of Things, and Sensoterra, a provider of low-cost, wireless soil moisture measurement sensors announced a multi-year partnership to operate Sensoterra’s soil moisture system on Senet’s standards-based IoT network.
Monitoring soil moisture allows farmers to make effective irrigation decisions. However, most sensors are wired and expensive with limited deployment range, making them unsuitable to monitor multiple points in outdoor farm fields. Sensoterra addresses these issues with a rugged, self-sustaining, low-cost, wireless solution purpose built to operate on LoRaWAN infrastructure and capable of meeting the most demanding use cases at the lowest possible total cost of ownership.
“We are extremely pleased that Sensoterra has selected Senet as their IoT network service provider to deliver productivity enhancing and environmentally conscious solutions to the agriculture market”, said Bruce Chatterley, CEO & President at Senet. “With Sensoterra’s easy to install, low-cost wireless system, farmers can gain real-time insight into the soil moisture condition of their crops to maximize crop performance, yields and profits. The Senet network delivers the right coverage, performance, device battery life, and cost to deliver on Sensoterra’s value proposition.”
Ease of installation and operation are significant differentiators of the Sensoterra soil moisture system. Sensors can be installed in a matter of minutes and data is viewable online less than one hour after installation. A free app is available for download and can operate on a laptop, tablet or mobile phone. Users have the ability to manage their installations through an easy to use dashboard and an open API is available for data integration.
“Today’s sensors must be low cost, easy to install and last for long periods of time in the field. Only these characteristics will allow growers to scale their deployments and benefit from true operational visibility,” said Jurriaan Ruys, CEO of Sensoterra. “By operating our solution on Senet’s IoT network, we are able to achieve our cost and performance thresholds, which could not be achieved with other network technologies.”
For more information:
Publication date: 8/21/2017
Other news in this sector: