Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Farmer Tyler is the Rocky Balboa of horticulture:
Why pursuing a career in horticulture can be a fun one
Every year, the speaker program at Cultivate is loaded with interesting presentations, short courses, success stories and other inspiring topics that help you grow your career and business. Despite the fact that the information shared in these presentations is of high value to many of us, for some of the attendees it is not always easy to stay focused the whole day, especially just after a lunch break.
Well....that was definitely not the case during the presentation of Farmer Tyler during the CareerUP event. Coming onto the stage with the Rocky theme song, covered in smoke and wearing a pair of boxing gloves and a groin guard, Farmer Tyler caught everyone by surprise when he kicked off his story on the everyday challenges of a youngster's career in horticulture. According to Tyler, pursuing a career in horticulture is not a good idea, but it can be a fun one. "Just like drugs, it is not always the smartest idea, but it can be a fun one."
Enough said....in case you missed this, the entire presentation is now available online! Go watch it...and...please do not forget to subscribe to Farmer Tyler's Youtube channel!
Other news in this sector: