Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
CAN (QC): Drone captures construction at DemersGlazing started in May for the expansion of the greenhouse for the Demers family. Situated between Montreal and Quebec is the small town of Drummondville, and east of that town, next to the river that flows through Drummondville, construction works are nearing the end. At the moment the roof has been closed completely, and the gables are getting a finishing touch. A good time for the Havecon drone to visit their projects at the other side of the Atlantic Ocean, and have a look from above.
The roof is equipped with diffuse glass with double AR coating. Its effects are visible in the aerial pictures, and also in the pictures taken from within the greenhouse. From above the glass has a purple glow, when seen from certain angles. This is caused by the AR coating. In the picture below the purple glow is clearly visible, but the effect is also seen in the movie above. When the air vents are fully opened, the type of shade on that forms on the ground also shows the effects diffuse glass has on the light transmittance. At the places where the vents are open, the sun light can shine directly onto the ground. In the other parts the light is strongly scattered.
Typical purple glow caused by AR coating
Direct sunlight at open air vents, diffuse light in the rest of the greenhouse
The contours of the clouds are only visible through the open vents
The last rows are being glazed
In the meantime work has been started on the installations inside the greenhouse. In the water technical area the silos have been put into place. The wire bed used for screening, the motor shaft and the pull wires have already been installed, leaving only the actual cloth. At the moment the tubes for the tube rail system are being welded and painted, and consequently hung onto the columns of the greenhouse.
The water technical area is nearing completion.
The wire bed used for screening is already installed, together with all the drive components. The cloth will be installed later
At the moment work is being done on the tube rail system
For more information:
Havecon Kassenbouw B.V.
2665 JE Bleiswijk
2665 ZG Bleiswijk
Tel. +31(0)10 266 32 70
Fax +31(0)10 266 32 71
Publication date: 8/8/2017
Other news in this sector: